Monday, March 16, 2009

"Home Sweet...Away from Home.."





Our "Frog pond"
Beuford...yep she's a beauty!


This is Jet..she was found by Shaun in the field just born and lost..and named by me!

Also three other cats Harley, and Tigger.
ZANE...the new colt


Dally, Chassi (the barn dog), and Saddie! they love playing with each other..as you can see they wouldn't stop running for a picture!
JayJay...

Dalaney...

And Buckwheat Goat..the king of the barn!
Lacey...my personal favorite!..her ears are sooo cute! too bad i didn't get a shot of them.


And Piggy their other horse not shown who is getting some rehab and walked..she is getting old! so i don't have a picture of her!

I love Farmington...and i hope to live there or somewhere similar one day. What do i love about Farmington City..well first that is a farm city (although fastly becoming a trendy place to live) i love it for it's old charm, charm that started when me and Kayson were dating. The first time i went to his house i felt so far away from my house the Gines Farm was spread out, achers of land, they had only 7 houses on their street, although it seemed like a lot less because they were so spread out, although just 10 mins and about 12 miles away it seems like a whole new world..and i realized very fast that i loved it! i loved the fact that you could hear Cows mooing, roosters crowing, and horses running in their pastures. I loved how the stars were so much brighter than at my house, and the crickets were louder( i remember a time me and Kay were on a horse ride down by our pond and the crickets were so loud we could not even hear each other talk..it was amazing)..the air smelled different..it smelled fresh and natural. I was amazed by the beauty of being in the "country" West farmington. you see i was a "City Girl" or so Kayson called me, i grew up with cars passing, several neighbors on all sides, a relatively small front yard, the exact same size as all the neighbors around me, with houses covering the sky. I would like to think that i was just as cultured as Kay in the way i grew up...not saying where i grew up was not beautiful and fun..but i can just see myself now being there..in the country. Me and Kayson had so many fun times dating (hits the reason i married him i guess) there was always something to do, Horse back riding, catching frogs the size of Kays arm, fishing at our pond, swinging on his over sized swing set his dad made, roping (or trying for me) beuford- the fiberglass painted cow that they rigged to run in circles,shooting guns, riding our motorcycles, hanging out on the rocking chairs on the back porch, playing soccer in the pastures, Riding the ride on lawnmower!, Fire holes and Bonn fires,Chasing the goat,Jumping on the tramp, Watching the sunset into the lake, The smell of fresh cut grass, Flowers natural flowers, Ducks in the gutter, and geese all over the horizon, Frogs in the grass after small rain showers, more trees than houses, a crick that runs through the houses with a swimming hole and a rope swing, and Dally running wild having so much fun she sleeps the whole next day.Call me childish but these are things of my own fairy tail world, now maybe me loving this place has to do a little with more than one summer and because i was falling in love with the man of my dreams..yeah...this may have increased the appeal of all these things just a tad..haha. But all and all i really love this place and i hope it is still this way when my children get older so they can experience all the fun things i did...BUT. Farmington is changing..houses are going up left and right, our pond now a mud hole..soon to be covered with more houses. Natural rivers covered only to make new artificial ones..(were they want them) and side walks put in.,U dot tearing down people homes, and soon to be a mall..right next door.. So i only hope in five or so years that my children will know the same Farmington i knew and loved.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you love it as much as I do... It's home and It's so nice to be close to so things but on the other hand be be by yourself not on top of each other with other homes etc.
Mom Gines

Krissy Noel said...

oh your life sounds so wonderful! i am jealous of all those horses! i wish i had a horse. I took riding lessons for about three or four years when i was younger and i miss riding them! You are lucky! Yes, it is a really sad thing that Farmington is growing. I live in farmington, but I live in the older area where there are actually mature trees and people who have lived in their same house for ages. I hope it stops growing! You would think with the economy that it might have slowed the growth! I just don't like all these new townhomes that have gone up! It's crazy how many there are right next to the freeway!!

Breona said...

Love the animals! I guess I would consider myself a city girl? BUT especially since I've lived in Kamas for over 2 years now...I am a country girl that needs a city not TOOO far away. So I really like Kamas's location. I've always loved camping, fresh air, water..etc. so, why not live in a place just like that.